Thursday, May 29, 2008

swinging for wentworth


i have been working on a tv program about australian politics and was reminded of a unrealised project during the election last year.. that i will hve to wait another 3 years to complete. My electorate - Wentworth, has never swung. I was suprised to realise a lot of my friends did not understand the conept of a swinging seat and how important their vote was if they lived in one, so I was proposing a public art event of a flash mob of swing dancers on bondi beach at sunset of a saturday afternoon. I also wanted to film the event, in a style that paid homage to shaun gladwell's 'storm sequence'.
unfortunately i decided not to follow through as the campaign became a circus, and an art event would have been lost in the noise. a least i have lot's of time to recruit now.. and learn some swing dancing myself.
I still have a website however.. http://swingingforwentworth.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home