Thursday, October 05, 2006

i heart major mori

I heart Major Michael Mori. As the name would suggest, he is a Major - for the US Marines, David Hicks' lawyer and one of the most endearing, earnest, just people I have seen speak. I saw him speak a few weeks ago in Sydney at Angel place. He was great. Essentially because he cannot present his case to the US government, he is presenting it to the Australian public in the hope we will demand our government do something. Mori is quite sure that all we have to do is ask (like the british) and David will be returned. But apparantly Ruddock or Howard never have. Why? Dunno. Rather that me hatchet the facts, there's a great audio interview and full transcript of his interview with Andrew Denton available here: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1709428.htm which is a pretty good summary of the case. Speaking of noble men in dubious positions I also heart John Stanhope, the Cheif Minister of the ACT who nominated Terry Hicks as Father of the Year, released the terrow laws on the internet and tried to get civil unions free of discrimination. He also saved some drowning kid in a river. I found this picture in Newcastle of all places, which reminded me to share the love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home